The State Government has notified certain potential sectors as “Thrust sector” for investment. The industrial units which are using Bamboo, Rubber, Agri and Horticultural produce, Tea manufacturing and Gas as their major raw materials during production are considered as thrust sector industries.
The Thrust sector industries are eligible to get additional subsidy under the State Incentive Scheme called “Tripura Industrial Investment Promotion Incentive Scheme, 2017” effective from 01.04.2017. Under this Policy, the following incentives are provided for setting up Thrust sector industries in Tripura:
- State Capital Investment Subsidy : For thrust sector industries @40% with ceiling of Rs. 70 lakhs per enterprise.
- Reimbursement of Interest on working capital loans actually paid to banks/ financial institutions to the extent of @4% subject to a ceiling of Rs.3.00 lakhs per annum for 5 years.
- Reimbursement of Power Charges for 5 years @25% of the power charges actually paid by the enterprise, subject to a ceiling of Rs.12 lakhs per year.
- One-time full Reimbursement of Standard Certification Charges/Fees.
- Employment Cost subsidy : re-imbursement of ESI/EPF expenditure of employers upto 100% for micro, small and medium industries
- Subsidy on fees paid for Credit Guarantee of loans shall be paid to micro and small enterprises on loans granted by Banks.
- Export Promotion subsidy on exporting goods through LCS in the state @10% on value of export with max. ceiling of Rs. 20 lakhs per annum.
- Subsidy for participation in fares and exhibitions @50% with ceiling of Rs. 50,000/- for each participation.