- The State is presently power-surplus. Two mega gas thermal power generation projects- 726.6 MW by OTPC and 101 MW by NEEPCO have been commissioned, in addition to state own generation of 113 MW. The power tariffs are much lower compared to other States.
(Click here for Detail Power Tariff)
- The National Highway, linking Agartala to Guwahati has been upgraded and extended up to Sabroom (the southern-most point in the State), which is only about 75 km. away from Chittagong Port of Bangladesh.
- The railway line with Broad gauge facility has been extended up to Udaipur and the same is being extended up to Sabroom.
- The Agartala Airport has also been upgraded, by extension of airstrip and by providing night landing facilities. Agartala is second busiest Airport in North East and efforts are on to make it an International Airport.
- Agartala is India’s third internet gateway after Chennai and Mumbai. BSNL leased 10 GBPS bandwidth from Bangladesh submarine cable company limited (BSCCL). The telecom infrastructure is also upgraded by laying OFC network connecting all towns.