- Critical for achieving faster, sustainable and inclusive growth on one hand and for providing decent employment opportunities to the growing young population on the other.
- Steady flow of skill workers in different trades for the domestic Industries,
- To raise quantitative and qualitative the Industrial Production by systematic training,
- To reduce unemployment among the educated youth by providing them employable training
- To cultivate and nurture a technical and industrial attitude in the minds of younger generation.
- 16 functional Government ITIs ; Intake capacity : 4570
- 2 Private ITIs ; Intake capacity: 200
- 3 new ITIs under construction; Intake capacity: 600
- Major trades: Electrician, Turner, Fitter, Welder, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant (COPA), Electronics Mechanic etc.
Schemes being implemented:
- Craftsman Training Program (CTS)
- Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS)
List of Govt. ITIs implementing the schemes:
|1||Govt. ITI, Indranagar||11||Govt. ITI, Manubankul|
|2||Govt. WITI, Indranagar||12||Govt. ITI, Khowai|
|3||Govt. ITI, Udaipur||13||Govt. ITI, Bishramganj|
|4||Govt. ITI, Jatanbari||14||Govt. ITI, Teliamura|
|5||Govt. ITI, Dharmanagar||15||Govt. ITI, L.T Valley|
|6||Govt. ITI, Kailasahar||16||Govt. ITI, Kamalpur|
|7||Govt. ITI, Ambassa||17||Govt. ITI, Kanchanpur*|
|8||Govt. ITI, Belonia||18||Govt. ITI, Gandacharra*|
|9||Govt. ITI, Khumuluwng|
|10||Govt. ITI, Boxanagar|
*These ITIs were inaugurated on 26th August, 2019 by Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Tripura and admission commenced on August, 2019. Regular classes are on-going. Principal, ITI, Dharmanagar and Principal, ITI, Udaipur are the Mentor Principal of ITI, Kanchanpur and ITI, Gandacherra respectively.