• Availability of an educated low-cost human resource.
• IT Policy, 2017 in vogue.
• State Government is taking the initiative to promote IT education and e-Governance.
• Tripura is considered the second best IT destination in the North East after Guwahati.
• Potential for setting up IT-enabled services.
• A Software Technology Park is set up at Agartala.
IT sector (including IT-enabled services) has been identified as one of the major potential growth sectors of the State. The literacy rate of the State is 97.22 % (2016), which is much higher than the national average. IT industry being a knowledge-based industry, educated human resource is the most promising resource of the State. It has a good network of schools and colleges spread across the State.The availability of IT trained manpower in the State has significantly improved over the years. ln addition, there are a large number of private institutions running IT/Computer courses.
Tripura has been considered the Tripura has been considered the second best IT destination in the North East, after Assam, in an independent study conducted by NEDFi. A Software Technology Park (STP) is set up at Agartala in order to provide necessary infrastructure facilities for setting up of IT industries in the State.