- Critical for achieving faster, sustainable and inclusive growth on one hand and for providing decent employment opportunities to the growing young population on the other.
- Steady flow of skill workers in different trades for the domestic Industries,
- To raise quantitative and qualitative the Industrial Production by systematic training,
- To reduce unemployment among the educated youth by providing them employable training
- To cultivate and nurture a technical and industrial attitude in the minds of younger generation.
- 12 functional Government ITIs ; Intake capacity : 3030
- 2 Private ITIs ; Intake capacity: 200
- 4 new ITIs established ; Training to commence from August-2018 ; Intake capacity: 1280
- 3 new ITIs under construction; Intake capacity: 300
- New Trades in existing ITIs being introduced ; Intake capacity: 360
- Major trades: Electrician, Turner, Fitter, Welder, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant (COPA), Electronics Mechanic etc.
Schemes being implemented:
- Craftsman Training Program (CTS)
- Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Modular Employable Skills (MES)
- Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS)
List of Govt. ITIs implementing the schemes: