- Critical for achieving faster, sustainable and inclusive growth on one hand and for providing decent employment opportunities to the growing young population on the other.
- Steady flow of skill workers in different trades for the domestic Industries,
- To raise quantitative and qualitative the Industrial Production by systematic training,
- To reduce unemployment among the educated youth by providing them employable training
- To cultivate and nurture a technical and industrial attitude in the minds of younger generation.
- 16 functional Government ITIs ; Intake capacity : 4570
- 2 Private ITIs ; Intake capacity: 200
- 3 new ITIs under construction; Intake capacity: 600
- Major trades: Electrician, Turner, Fitter, Welder, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant (COPA), Electronics Mechanic etc.
Schemes being implemented:
- Craftsman Training Program (CTS)
- Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Modular Employable Skills (MES)
- Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS)
Tracer Study 2018:
- Notification for all ITI Pass-outs to attend camps at ITIs w.e.f. 5th – 7th December 2018 for conducting tracer study
- Questionnaire Format of the tracer study being conducted at ITIs w.e.f. 5th – 7th December 2018
List of Govt. ITIs implementing the schemes: