Incentives for Industries
The State Government offers incentives for setting up of industrial units in manufacturing sector as well as service sector under “Tripura Industrial Investment Promotion Incentive Scheme, 2017”, which is comparable to other States.
- Brief particulars of incentives for new MSME sector are as follows :
- Capital Investment Subsidy@ 30% on fixed capital investment subject to a ceiling of Rs.60 Lakhs per enterprises. For thrust sector industries, 40% with ceiling of Rs. 70 lakhs per enterprise.
- 15% Procurement Preference to local· industrial enterprises subject to 20% value addition
- Industrial Promotion Subsidy subject to an overall ceiling of Rs.60 lakhs per annum.
- 25% Reimbursement of Power Charges for 5 years, maximum Rs.12 lakhs per year.
- 4% Reimbursement of Interest on Working Capital Loans for 5 years, maximum 3.00 lakhs per annum.
- Reimbursement of Standard Certification charges/ fees/ expenses to eligible enterprises shall be paid one-time in full for standard certifications in 10 selected areas issued by National and Inter-national Bodies.
- 100% Exemption from the payment of Earnest Money and Security Deposits.
- Employment Cost Subsidy under thrust sector towards EPF and ESI contribution for 5 years on employment of 20 or more persons.
- Subsidy on fees paid for Credit Guarantee of loans.
- Export Promotion Subsidy @ 10% on value of export, maximum Rs. 20 lakhs per annum.
- Subsidy for participation in fares and exhibitions thrust sector industries.
- Special Incentives to Industrial Enterprises continue to operate for 5 years are provided for a further period of 5 years which are as follows:
- a) Capital Investment Subsidy on substantial expansion @40% or 30%, maximum Rs.30 lakhs and Rs. 25 lakhs for thrust sector and other than thrust sector respectively.
- b) Industrial Promotion Subsidy @25%
- c) Partial re-imbursement of Power charges @15% of actual power charges paid after 5 years of operation, maximum Rs. 6 lakhs for employment in the range of 20 to 50 persons, Rs. 9.00 lakhs for employment in the range of 51 to 100 persons and Rs. 12 lakhs for employment of more than 100 persons.
- d) Employment cost subsidy with employment of 20 or more persons @ 50% of employer contribution paid towards EPF and ESI after 5 years of operation.
- e) Wages Subsidy on employment of 20 or more persons @ 20% of actual wages paid, maximum Rs. 2.50 lakhs per year.